If you are facing any software issue in your Samsung galaxy J4 then in this post you are going to learn how to fix them. You can fix your Samsung galaxy J4 by just flashing stock Rom/firmware through odin. Flashing stock ROM is the best solution for any soft-brick Samsung android device. If your Samsung galaxy j4 is bricked, stuck at samsung logo (bootloop problem), lagging too much, galaxy j4 is not starting, your galaxy j4 is getting blank out screen. Also if you have rooted your Samsung galaxy j4 and want to Unroot it without losing warranty. Don’t worry about your Samsung galaxy j4 you can fix all these problems by just flashing official stock firmware through Odin.
If you are reading this then you might be a Geek or beginner or a kind of guy who loves to explore Gadgets, I really appreciate your type of people. In this post, I am going to share how you can fix any software problem in your Samsung galaxy j4.
- 1 You can Easily Fix your Samsung galaxy j4 if you are looking for any of these Problems
- 2 How To Unbrick/Unroot/Fix Bootloop/ Flash stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy J4
You can Easily Fix your Samsung galaxy j4 if you are looking for any of these Problems
- How to flash or install official stock ROM/firmware in Samsung Galaxy J4.
- How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy J4 and restore back to stock firmware.
- If you want to Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy J4, which you have soft-bricked while doing experimental stuff with your phone.
- How to reset your Samsung galaxy j4.
- If your Samsung galaxy j4 stuck at its official Samsung logo.
- If your Samsung galaxy j4 is not starting or its getting switch off automatically.
- How to fix bootloop problem in Samsung galaxy j4.
- If your galaxy J4 is lagging too much and want your phone to run faster again.
- If you have accidentally deleted any system app after rooting your Samsung galaxy j4 and want a fix.
- How to replace custom ROM of Samsung galaxy j4 with its official stock ROM.
Flashing stock ROM is the best way to fix any soft-bricked android device and revert back to its official original condition. The best advantage is if you have rooted your device then definitely you have lost your warranty and so after installing stock firmware you will get your lost warranty back, and no one ever get to know that you have ever rooted your Samsung galaxy J4.
This guide will work with all these Samsung Galaxy J4 models
Samsung galaxy j4 was again a great device by Samsung. It was announced on May 2018, with amazing features. This device comes with 5.5 inches screen size with super AMOLED touchscreen, resolution 720 x 1280 pixels. Exynos 7570 Quad (14 nm) is the chipset means this phone is very power efficient due to its 14 nm technology. Though GPU is not very good which is Mali T720 MP2 so gaming performance would not be up to the mark. It comes with single main camera 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm (wide), AF and selfie camera 5 MP, f/2.2 with LED flash. It was a short description of this Galaxy j4 I ain’t gonna describe all its specifications. This post is for fix bricked or unbrick Samsung galaxy j4.
Samsung has launched its galaxy j4 in 8 models and variants. Generally the variants are the same device models with some different features and specifications. As the amount of internal storage, processor or just 3G/4G frequencies that may be different depending on the country where the Samsung Galaxy J4 is sold.
Lets see how many Samsung Galaxy J4 are present right now:
- Galaxy J4 SM-J400F/DS 16GB
- Galaxy J4 SM-J400F/DS 32GB
- Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-J400G
- Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-J400G/DS 16GB
- Galaxy J4 SM-J400G/DS 32GB
- Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-J400M 32GB
- Galaxy J4 SM-J400M/DS 16GB
- Samsung Galaxy J4 SM-J400M/DS 32GB
Every Samsung model has its different firmware, so keep that in your mind while flashing stock ROM. You have to use the exact firmware for your device model number. If you do mistake while selecting right firmware for your galaxy j4, you might end up with your device soft-bricked.How To Fix Bricked Samsung Galaxy J4
Requirements for Installing official stock ROM in Samsung Galaxy J4
- A windows based PC or laptop.
- Original data cable, which should not be loose while connecting through PC.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least over 50%
- Make sure you have installed Samsung USB driver on your PC or laptop. (How to install Samsung USB driver on your computer)
- Do not forget to restart your system after installing USB driver.
- And a patience mind.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock- Go to your settings > developer option > enable USB debugging. If you don’t have a developer option then go to your settings > about phone > build number > tap on it 5 – 7 times until to you can see a popup “now you’ve a developer option”.
Leave this USB debugging and OEM unlock option if your device is already bricked and you only want to unbrick your Samsung galaxy j4.
- Odin flash tool – Download (I would recommend you to use latest Odin version, sometimes newer phones dosen’t work with older Odin version)
- Samsung USB driver – Download
- Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy j4 – Download (Before flashing check your phone’s model number if its matching with firmware number or not)
Make sure you have checked all the requirements and downloads before start flashing process. Odin flash tool, Samsung USB driver, and stock ROM / firmware all these files comes in a zip format before use you have to extract it. For extracting these files you can use 7zip or winRar. If the files are not in zip format then you don’t need to extract them.
How To Unbrick/Unroot/Fix Bootloop/ Flash stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy J4
I don’t want you to brick your Samsung galaxy j4 while following this tutorial so please do check once again all the important requirements which I’ve mentioned above. If everything is ok then follow this step by step guide very carefully to flash stock rom in your phone.
- If your galaxy j4 is not bricked then switch it off first and reboot into download mode.
- Press power button + home button + Volume down key simultaneously and your phone is now successfully rebooted in download mode.
- Choose volume Up key to continue the flashing process.
- Open Odin flash tool on your computer.
- Connect your phone to your computer through data cable.
- After connecting Odin will indicate you a message “Added” and ID: COM port on Odin will turn Blue.
- Now click on AP/PDA and navigate your firmware which should be in .tar or .tar.md5 extension.
- In Odin settings check only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” and leave the remain options unchecked.
- Now click on start button and odin will flash stock firmware in your Samsung galaxy j4.
- Do not touch data cable until flashing process is complete.
- When your flashing process is done Odin will show you a popup message with “PASS”.
- Remove your Samsung galaxy J4 from data cable and your keep patience, it will reboot automatically.
- Wait for sometime your Samsung galaxy j4 will take approx 7 to 10 minutes to start.
This was a quick guide about how to flash stock ROM/firmware on Samsung Galaxy J4. For more detailed and with image tutorial, you can read this:
Fix Bootloop in Samsung Galaxy J4
If your Samsung galaxy J4 is not starting or if it has been stuck on its Samsung logo then its a bootloop problem. Don’t worry bootloop is a common problem occurs in most of the devices after flashing stock firmware.
You can fix this bootloop problem of your Samsung galaxy j4 by going into recovery mode. To reboot your Samsung galaxy j4 into recovery mode Press Power button + home button + volume up simultaneously. Now do wipe data/factory reset and then reboot your device. Boom! your bootloop issue has been resolved now and your phone will be start normally.
This guide will work with every Samsung galaxy j4 model if you do every step very carefully. If your phone is not physically damaged then flashing stock firmware on your Samsung galaxy j4 would definitely be a fix.
If you are still facing any kind of software problem in your Samsung galaxy j4 then feel free yourself to write down your problem or suggestions in comment section.